Mediterranean Stir Fry
A "what's in the kitchen" dish that can be pulled together quickly. Perfect for "doctoring up"!
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 12 ounces shrimp frozen, tail-off preferred
- 6 medium roma tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
Once you've added the orzo to the water and it is cooking, place the frozen shrimp in the frying pan and cook on medium-high heat to thaw.
Once the ice is off, drain the water from the pan.
When the orzo is done, return the shrimp to the pan and add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Stir and cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, capers, and Italian dressing. Cook until reduced.
Add the orzo and stir occassionally until heated throughout.
Salt and pepper to taste and serve on a plate. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Substitute penne pasta for orzo.
- Substitute cubed ham for the shrimp.
- Add bell peppers and/or green onions if desired.
- Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt adds a nice touch too.
Calories: 611kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 50gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 704mgPotassium: 1679mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1636IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 356mgIron: 20mg