A great conditioner for wooden spoons and cutting boards
- 4 4-oz canning jars
- 1 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup
- 1 saucepan
- 1/3 cup beeswax pellets
- 1 cup mineral oil food grade
- Pour the mineral oil into the Pyrex measuring cup. Add the beeswax pellets.
- Fill the saucepan half full with water. Place the Pyrex measuring cup in the saucepan.
- Place on the stove over low heat. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Once all the pellets have completely melted and the liquid is clear, pour into the canning jars.
- Allow to cool.
- Cover and decorate the jar as desired.
You can use these tags https://saltinmycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Spoon-Butter-Gift-Tags.pdf Grapeseed oil, coconut oil, walnut oil, or flaxseed oil can be used as alternatives to the mineral oil. To use, scoop out just a bit with your fingers or use a rag or paper towel and rub it over your spoon or cutting board. Massage it into the wood. Let it sit at least an hour but preferably overnight. Then use a lint-free rag to wipe any excess off and give it a good buffing. This should be repeated as needed depending on how much you use your spoon, but once a month is a good schedule.