Classic Norwegian Waffles
- Waffle Iron (heart shaped)
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- nonstick cooking spray or use melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Add in sour cream and melted butter and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before making the waffles.
- Spray the heart-shaped waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of the batter onto the waffle iron. Close and cook until light brown. (The waffle iron will beep.)
Serve with butter and brown cheese, or topped with jam or fruit and top off with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream. Source: VisitNorway.com
Calories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 5gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 121mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 271IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 1mg