Grandma Nan's Potato Salad
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- 5 lbs red potatoes peeling optional
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Hard boil 8 eggs.
- Cut potatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- Slice celery stalks lengthwise into four strips then chop into 1/4"pieces.
- Dice onion.
- Slice and chop hard boiled eggs.
- Put chopped potatoes in a pot and cover with at least an inch of water.
- Boil until "al dente".
- Drain water and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, celery, onion, and eggs.
- Pour mayo mixture over potato mixture and stir to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight is even better.
Calories: 493kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 9gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 352mgPotassium: 1169mgFiber: 8gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 43834IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 114mgIron: 2mgPrint Recipe