Mediterranean Stir Fry
A "what's in the kitchen" dish that can be pulled together quickly. Perfect for "doctoring up"!
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 12 ounces shrimp frozen, tail-off preferred
- 6 medium roma tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Cook the orzo pasta by boiling in salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Once you've added the orzo to the water and it is cooking, place the frozen shrimp in the frying pan and cook on medium-high heat to thaw.
- Once the ice is off, drain the water from the pan.
- When the orzo is done, return the shrimp to the pan and add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Stir and cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, capers, and Italian dressing. Cook until reduced.
- Add the orzo and stir occassionally until heated throughout.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve on a plate. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Substitute penne pasta for orzo.
- Substitute cubed ham for the shrimp.
- Add bell peppers and/or green onions if desired.
- Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt adds a nice touch too.
Calories: 611kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 50gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 704mgPotassium: 1679mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1636IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 356mgIron: 20mgPrint Recipe