Mediterranean Stir Fry
A "what's in the kitchen" dish that can be pulled together quickly!
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 12 ounces shrimp frozen, tail-off preferred
- 6 medium roma tomatoes diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cook the orzo pasta by boiling in salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the orzo is cooking, place the frozen shrimp in the frying pan and cook on medium-high heat to thaw. Once the ice is off, drain the water from the pan.
- Add the diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and basil leaves. Stir and cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, capers, and Italian dressing. Cook until reduced.
- Add the orzo and stir occassionally until heated throughout.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve on a plate.
Calories: 418kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 32gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 837mgPotassium: 374mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gPrint Recipe