- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 12-1/2 cup flour
- 3 tsp salt
- Bring 1-1/2 cups sugar and 4 cups water to a boil.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Beat eggs and add 1 cup oil then add to sugar water.
- Soften one package yeast and 1 tsp sugar in 1/2 cup warm water until foamy.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Pour liquids over flour and salt.
- Oil hands and knead, adding slightly more flour if needed, until dough is no longer sticky.
Rise and knead
- Set aside in a warm room.
- Work down (knead) again several times over the next few hours (up to eight hours).
- Shape into buns.
- Set aside in a warm room for 7-8 hours.
- Bake at 350º F for 20 minutes.
Mix about 3 p.m. and work down the dough during the afternoon and evening. Then shape into buns about 11 p.m. and bake in the morning. Alternatively, mix early in the morning and bake in the evening.
Calories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 152mgPotassium: 23mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 20IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 5mgIron: 1mgPrint Recipe