Pasta with White Beans (and Maybe Salmon)
- 8 ounces pasta Penne (or small shells, elbow)
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup basil fresh, chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 15 ounces cannellini beans canned
- 1½ cup chicken broth reduced sodium
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- non-stick spray
- Cook the pasta. Drain and return to pot.
- Spray non-stick skillet with non-stick spray and set on medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and basil. Cook, stirring occassionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the feta, beans and broth. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Stir into the pasta and cover partially and warm throughout.
Can also include salmon: Rinse and dry the skillet after adding the veggies to the pasta. Return to medium-high heat. Coat both sides of the salmon with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Place the salmon in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily. Top the pasta with the salmon fillet.
Calories: 480kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 24gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 897mgPotassium: 498mgFiber: 9gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1243IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 378mgIron: 4mgPrint Recipe