Sausage, Mushrooms, and Spinach Rice
- 1 large baking dish or skillet cast iron dutch oven or skillet works great
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups white mushrooms chopped
- 12 ounces smoked sausage cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces spinach fresh, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice uncooked
- 2.5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- .5 tsp salt to taste
- .5 tsp pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Heat olive oil in dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and smoked sausage. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion softens and sausage beings to brown.
- Add spinach, rice, chicken stock, and chicken bouillon and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through and all stock has been absorbed by the rice.
Calories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 13gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 817mgPotassium: 566mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 3546IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 2mgPrint Recipe