- 1 Stand mixer
- 2 cookie sheets
- 2 parchment paper or silicone mats
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter 227 grams, 2 sticks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar aka powdered sugar, 57 grams
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 240 grams
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line cookie sheets with paper or mats.
- Combine butter and salt in the stand mixer (setting 2) until soft and fluffy.
- Add sugar and combine.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined and it hold together.
- Use a cookie scoop and drop the dough on the sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
Lots of variations possible, including:
- Add 1/8 tsp of almond extract.
- Up the sugar to 72 grams.
- Add 80 grams of mini-chocolate chips.
- Use the back of the scoop to make a 'thumbprint' and add a dollop of jam (raspberry, for instance).
Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 24mgPotassium: 13mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 224IUCalcium: 4mgIron: 0.5mgPrint Recipe