Shrimp and Sweet Peppers
- 10 ounces shrimp fresh
- 2/3 cup acini di pepe
- 2 scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 ounces sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons verjus blanc (or white grape juice)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic.
- Cut off and discard the stem and core of the peppers. Halves them lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
- Cut off and discard the root ends of the scallions. Thinly slice crosswise keeping the white bottoms and the green tops separate.
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling.
- Add pasta and cook 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and return to pot.
- Stir in half the vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Remove tails.
- In medium non-stick pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the shrimp in an even layer and cook without stirring 1-2 minutes or until slightly opaque.
- Add the garlic, peppers, capers, white portion of scallions, and as much red pepper flakes as you'd like. Season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally 2-3 minutes or until the peppers are slightly softened and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the verjus and remaining vinegar. Stir frequently and cook 1 minute until combined.
- Serve the finished shrimp over the cooked pasta and garnish with the green scallions.