Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken
- 1 slow cooker
- 15 ounces black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth canned, fat-free
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chili peppers canned
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In the crock pot, combine all ingredients except the chicken.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and lay on top of the beans mixture.
- Cook on low for 9-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred into strands, then return to slow cooker.
- Cook for 30 minutes more.
You can also cook this on high for just 6 hours. Once again, shred the chicken 30 minutes before it's done and return it to the slow cooker. Also, you may be able to shred the chicken right in the slow cooker as it can fall apart trying to remove it.
Calories: 217kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 25gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 414mgPotassium: 759mgFiber: 6gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 276IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mgPrint Recipe